Webinar - Disruption and innovation in the legal industry
What is the future for the profession?
Event date: 17 June 2020 02:00 PM
Duration: 1 hour
Event type: Webinar
Provided by: The Centre for Legal Leadership and Globe Law and BusinessRegister for this event
Please join Bjarne Tellmann and Mark Cohen, two of the legal profession's pre-eminent thought leaders for this livestream webinar on Wednesday 17 June at 2pm BST.
We are in the midst of an innovation explosion in how legal services are delivered, sourced, packaged, priced and defined. This development is the consequence of a number of macroeconomic trends, including globalization and disruptive technologies, that have increased volatility and placed downward pressure on corporate profits.
As companies have been forced to transform, pressure is growing on corporate legal departments to do more – and more complex – work, with the same or fewer resources.
To address this challenge, General Counsel are increasingly running their departments like businesses, cutting overhead, measuring quality, developing talent, and optimizing service delivery.
They are also demanding more from their external partners, with a new ecosystem of countless new providers offering insights, skills, and tools to help them better manage the business side of their practice.
Focus of reflection and discussion from some of the issues that arise from these trends include:
- What is the context of the disruption underway in the legal industry?
- What skills/capabilities do 21st Century lawyers need?
- What are the implications of these shifts for legal education?
- What role does customer centricity, brand, and “value add” play for modern lawyers?
- What role should tech and data play in a modern legal function?
- Where will the profession be in five years? What impact will COVID-19 have on that journey?
Spaces are limited so please contact us or fill out the form below to register your interest.