This virtual session explores the special challenges faced by, and the opportunities that come to, sole in-house lawyers and lawyers in small teams. We explore what it takes to be effective in such a position. This topic has come up during several of our other sessions, and so by popular request we are devoting a whole session to it.
We invite participants to bring their particular issues to the discussion, and we will focus on these at the virtual table. From past experience, amongst the issues likely to be raised will be:
- the expectations that your clients place on you, and how you deal with them
- the opportunities you may get to play a part in the wider business of the organisation; other benefits that you may experience
- developing your legal skills by handling a full and diverse workload
- dealing with workload pressures with little or no back-up
- putting a business case for more resource
- responding to client pressures to come up with the “right answer” when there is little or no legal support around you
- building a network to counteract professional isolation
- how posts as sole lawyer or in small teams contribute to one’s career development.
The discussion will be held under Chatham House rule and will be facilitated by two experienced members of CLL’s Advisory Panel.
The sessions will last between 1.5 - 2 hours and start at 8:30am
Should you have further questions please contact us.