The Centre for Legal Leadership (CLL) offers personal guidance and support for all aspects of in-house legal life – from those who have been there.
These will continue but we would like your input to ensure everything we do in future is relevant to your role as an in-house leader.
Below we have listed some ways in which you could help extend our community and make our site more helpful for those within in-house law, if you would like to contribute please let us know your choices here.
1. As a contributor. We publish viewpoint articles on the CLL website. Our criterion for inclusion is simple – will the article benefit our in-house readership? We have editorial resource to help shape your viewpoint article if you don't have the time to get it into a polished state so let us know if you want to be a contributor and we will explore your topic or topics at a later date.
2. As a mentor. We receive requests through the Centre from those looking to those with more in-house experience or perhaps specific knowledge in a sector, topic, or management challenge. If you think you can contribute a few hours a year as a mentor to others then let us know. We will aim to match mentors and mentees based on the information we receive. This is a free service and not a commercial arrangement.
3. As a mentee. Within the CLL network there may be someone with experience to impart at the time you need it. We can help to match you with someone who has the right experience and is willing to help so let us know if this is of interest.
4. Coach. Distinct from mentoring, those lawyers with both in-house experience and a recognised coaching qualification may be of interest to those within the in-house community. We recognise that most qualified coaches charge for their services and that is a matter for separate discussion.
5. Speaker/panellist. CLL events cover a wide range of topics of interest to those in-house and beyond. Most recently we have hosted events covering the ways to prepare for and cope with a Dawn Raid and some of the ethical considerations relevant to in-house legal roles. If your experience would be of benefit to others then we'd welcome your involvement.
6. Programme delivery and attendance. We intend to launch educational programmes delivered by those with in-house experience and expertise for the benefit of the in-house community. If you would like to be involved either as a course provider or attendee then let us know.
7. Networking. Our themed events allow for some networking before and after but we know that some would prefer to network only. We intend to host social events for networking and to provide other means to connect with others in similar roles or facing similar challenges. Please let us know if this is of interest.
8. Legal Operations. We are looking to start up another discussion group focused solely on Legal Operations. Discussion Groups are facilitated sessions designed for the community of interest to explore problems and solutions to common problems. If you would like to join this group, please let us know.
Many thanks for your help in making the Centre for Legal Leadership a source of support and guidance for the in-house community.
If any of the above interest you please fill out the form below with your choices.