Each event runs for one hour from 2.00 pm and includes a presentation by two prominent in-house lawyers together with a Q&A session.
Environmental, social and governance factors are playing an increasingly important part in various aspects of what organisations do and this, in turn, is impacting the work of in-house counsel.
The impact can vary depending on the sector and the nature of the organisation’s business. But typical areas of activity may include some, or all, of the following: -
- Regulatory compliance, including the requirements increasingly imposed on organisations to meet certain reporting and other standards imposed by financial and other regulators;
- Legal obligations, say in relation to contractual requirements and compliance with anti-bribery, anti-slavery and money laundering laws;
- Managing corporate risks, including the integrity of supply chains, crisis management and the increased risk of litigation;
- Business investment and investor activism;
- Business ethics and conduct, including reward structures and diversity and inclusion.
In this session, with the help of our two guest presenters, Jenny Block – GC at OfWat and Christy Baker – GC and DPO at FirstGroup plc, we will explore how ESG factors are impacting the role and the work of GCs and in-house counsel generally, some of the challenges they face, the opportunities and the direction of travel for in-house legal teams.
General Counsel Sustainability Leaders (formerly Lawyers for Net Zero) kindly helped us source kindly helped us source a speaker for this event. They work with influential in-house lawyers, such as General Counsel and Chief Legal Officers, to utilise their position as corporate leaders to enable effective engagement with climate and ESG issues.
They have worked with over 100 in-house lawyers via their ‘Leaders Programme’, with the global GCs of Rolls Royce, WPP, Centrica, National Grid, BUPA and Specsavers currently participating. This is both a powerful network and a highly effective peer-to-peer learning process, receiving glowing testimonials from a wide variety of high-status GCs.
To register your interest please fill out the form below.