Specifically designed by ULaw and CLL, drawing on expertise from members across the in-house legal community.
We've also taken note of the feedback from the first sessions back in March to improve the structure and deliver a course driven by your peers.
The Course introduces delegates to the different skills required to operate effectively as an in-house lawyer and takes a pragmatic look at what a business expects from their in-house lawyer and how this can be achieved.
Aimed at those new or returning to an in-house role as well as any lawyer who wants to better understand about life working in-house.
- be introduced to the dual role of the in-house lawyer as both lawyer and business advisor;
- learn about the key skills and behaviours which an in-house lawyer needs in order to be effective;
- be introduced to the concept of “value” and how an effective in-house lawyer adds value to their organisation; and
- undertake tasks relating to workload management and prioritisation, risk assessment and effective communication.
By the end of the course you will:
- understand how an effective in-house lawyer adds value to their organisation;
- appreciate the nature of risk and the relevance of risk assessment when operating in-house;
- better understand the distinction between a commercial and a legal issue, what is achievable and the limits of your capabilities when prioritising your workload and seeking input from business colleagues;
- appreciate the importance of effective communication when dealing with others; and
- gain an awareness of any additional skills or behaviours you may need to acquire in order to operate as an effective in-house lawyer.
The course is being held virtually, with Part 1 taking place on Tuesday 5 July (9:30 – 13:00 BST) and Part 2 following on Thursday 7 July (9:30 – 13:00 BST).
An individual place costs £399+VAT (to attend both sessions) but we are delighted to be able to offer an early bird price of £299+VAT available until 1 June 2022.
Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance from ULaw/CLL upon completion and have early access to future discounted courses and membership to networking events as this Alumni group grows.
You’ll benefit from significant input from experienced GCs and members of CLL and who will be appearing online throughout the course sessions. including:
Nicolina Andall, Senior Corporate Counsel at Atlas Copco
Alessandro Galtieri, Deputy General Counsel and Group Data Protection Officer at Colt
Michael Phillips, Senior Lawyer at Schroders Personal Wealth
Louise Berg, General Counsel at Automotive Transformation Group
To receive details of the course in full and details on how to register please contact us or fill out the form below.