We are holding a series of events on career development for in-house lawyers.
A series of structured discussions aimed at all those working in-house addressing various development topics, our 2020 sessions are going to focus on the following:
Managing Up - Thursday 21 January 2021
The importance of managing up and doing it well can sometimes be overlooked when considering what makes a successful manager. In this session we look specifically at managing up, including why it matters; strategies that work and those that do not; managing up to lawyers and other executives; prioritising what’s important to your manager(s); reporting in a way that helps your manager and clarifies contribution and value.
2019 sessions included:
- Career development
- Personal effectiveness
- Recovering from setbacks – when things go wrong for me
- Managing and developing your team
- Lawyers as thought leaders.
- The legal service to your organisation: your part in it.
- Recruitment and induction
2020 sessions included:
- Developing an in-house career
- Being personally effective
- Resilience, reputation and networks
- Managing lawyers in-house
- Delivering the legal service to your organisation
These events are limited to 18 individuals from a broad range of organisations and sectors.
The session will be facilitated by two former senior in-house lawyers (and members of CLL’s Advisory Board) and operated under Chatham House rule.
The next session will be held on the 21 January and will be a webinar.
Please let us know if you would be interested in attending or have any specific topics you would like to put forward for discussion,