In collaboration with The University of Law 'The Lead In-House Lawyer' course aims to empower senior in-house lawyers, either looking to move up to the role of Head of Legal or already in such a role, to discover and/or elevate their skillset and confidence to thrive at this level in-house.
Attendees will draw on their lived experience to explore the gap between operating as in-house counsel and Head of Legal.
Topics covered in this course will be:
- People - What is the best way of working for you, and how do you Influence others?
- Strategy - How do you engage with your organisation’s strategy and create the legal strategy?
- Stakeholders - Who gets a say in what legal does and how do you interact with them?
- Risk - What is my organisation’s risk appetite, and how do I identify/communicate risk?
- Managing Expectations - How do you ensure that you know what is expected, and demonstrate the legal team’s value?
- Team Building - How do you attract and retain the best lawyers, and form a strong legal team?
- Finance - How do you see the world from a financial viewpoint, and how do you create a legal budget that aligns?
The course will be held over seven virtual sessions with guest lecturers at the top of their field providing valuable insight.
Course dates as follows (UK Time):
- Tuesday 13 September 2022 1330 - 1700
- Tuesday 25 October 2022 1330 - 1700
- Tuesday 6 December 2022 1330 - 1700
- Tuesday 17 January 2022 1330 - 1700
- Tuesday 28 February 2022 1330 - 1700
- Tuesday 23 May 2022 1330 - 1700
- Tuesday 4 July 2022 1330 - 1700
An individual place costs £1995+VAT but we are delighted to be able to offer an early bird price of £1495+VAT, available until 30 June 2022. Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance from ULaw/CLL upon completion and have discounted and early access to future courses and membership to networking events as this Alumni group grows.
To receive details of the course in full and details on how to register please contact email@example.com