Being personally effective
We held the second session in the CLL Development Programme 2020 on 29 April. The session went ahead virtually and, we’re pleased to report, was a great success.
We were joined by in-house lawyers from a range of different organisations and sectors to discuss what being personally effective as an in-house lawyer means to them.
We looked at five areas in particular: -
- Understanding and applying the law
- Understanding risk
- Communicating legal advice
- Working with others, and
- Dealing with pressure
Attendees took the opportunity to discuss their approach and to learn from others. As usual, the session was facilitated by members of the CLL advisory board, Anthony Inglese and Paul Bentall, former senior in-house lawyers.
Future events in the 2020 development programme are: -
- Resilience, reputation and personal networks – 24 June
- Managing lawyers in-house – 23 September
- Delivering the legal service to your organisation – 19 November
- Managing Up – 21 January 2021
Whether the sessions proceed in person or virtually will clearly depend on developments in relation to the Covid-19 crisis. But if you are interested in taking part in the programme, finding out more about it, or about CLL generally, please get in touch.